UND went out to Bozeman last weekend and got beat badly, 55-10. There were no silver linings for UND so we are not going to waste your time writing about something that isn’t there. Nothing seemed to go right for UND. However, that had something to do with the fact that the Bobcats are a very good football team and were extremely impressive on both sides of the ball. They should make some noise in the FCS playoffs this season, especially if they get a few home games.
- Montana State ran an astounding 94 plays on offense. NINETY FOUR. We don’t know if we have ever seen that high of an offensive play number before.
- Both lines for UND got handled on Saturday. MSU is not known for having overly physical line play but they sure looked good against UND. They had 8 sacks.
- The UND offense was only able to muster 180 total yards and the defense gave up 695 total yards. Once again, we cannot recall a game with a more glaring statistical difference.
- Now that the season is down to its last two weeks for UND and playoffs being out of reach, it will be interesting to see how UND responds. They have a pretty good SUU team coming to the Alerus Center this weekend. SUU is coming off an upset victory over #1 ranked Eastern Washington.
- The UND pass defense will get another test this weekend as SUU QB Brad Sorenson comes to town. He threw for 392 yards last weekend.