The 2014 UND Spring Football game will be held tomorrow, Saturday April 26th at the Alerus Center. The game will begin at 1pm.
Here is a list of things going on prior to and after the game:
- The annual Kids Clinic will precede the game at 11:30 a.m. and is open to kids eighth grade and younger. Comfortable clothing appropriate for athletic activities is recommended but no cleats.
- Parking and tailgating is free on Saturday and lots will open at 8 a.m.
- Saturday will also mark the first day parents can sign up their children for the 2014-15 membership year of Jr. Champions, the official UND Athletics kids’ club. Membership (which previously cost $25/year) will be completely free in 2014-15, with thanks to the generous support of presenting sponsors, U.S. Bank and Midco Sports Network.
- Following the Spring Game, which should conclude no later than 2:30 p.m., fans will are encouraged to come down to the field, meet the team and the new coaching staff and get autographs from the team.
- As we stated previously on twitter, the game will be Offense vs. Defense. They will setup in various spots on the field and run a set number of plays from each spot.
- UND Sports had a nice spring ball video preview with OC Paul Rudolph.
Position battles we will be watching:
- Quarterback (Bartles vs. Mollberg vs. Hanson vs. Palandech – The QB spot is 100% up for grabs)
- Running Back (Shaugabay vs. Sparks vs. Sharp vs. Garman – The RB spot is 100% up for grabs)
- Wide Receiver (McGill vs. Carr vs. Young – The two starting WR spots are 100% up for grabs although we would give McGill the edge for one of them)
- Outside Linebacker (Idowu vs. Butler vs. Hickel vs. Labat)
- Safety (B. Carr vs. James vs. Reyes vs. Coyle – We feel Reyes is the future at one of the safety spots and the other three will battle for the second starting safety position).