The UND staff will be hosting their second recruiting weekend on January 20-22. They hosted 8 recruits last weekend to kick things off. As we stated in a previous post, typically UND gets two recruiting weekends in BEFORE Xmas, but due to making the playoffs and earning a seed that schedule got kicked back. Which is why garnering early commitments is such a big deal now.
UND currently has 22 commits (including transfer signees) to the Class of 2017. 18 scholarship athletes and 4 preferred walk-ons. We have been told their target number for this class is around 25-26. That leaves a few spots for the spring/summer time.
UND is expecting to host a mixture of current commits and potential commits. Here are the names we have compiled:
- Noah Larson (commit) ILB – Baraboo HS – Baraboo, WI
- Ty Shannon (commit) S – Ralston Valley HS – Arvada, CO
- Wil Prine (commit) OL – Lewis Central HS – Council Bluffs, IA
- Kyle Hietpas (commit) CB – Little Chute HS – Little Chute, WI
- Mikey Griebel (commit) WR – Columbine HS – Littleton, CO
- Ezekiel Ott (commit) DE – Caledonia HS – Caledonia, MN
- Bryden Swenson (commit) OLB – KCC HS – Hallock, MN
- Dontae Bull – OL – Belmont HS – Victoria, British Columbia
- Israel Adeoti – WR – Plano HS – Plano, IL
- Eric Rousemiller – OL – Lakeville South HS – Lakeville, MN
Interesting note: Dontae Bull apparently, according to Twitter, just committed to Fresno State on Wednesday. But he is confirmed to be visiting UND this weekend. Interesting indeed. Something to monitor going forward.
Signing Day is set for February 1st, 2017. Midco Sports recently tweeted that they will be doing a LIVE show from 10-11am that morning. It will be streamed through Midco’s website, more information to come. Kudos to Midco for stepping up and adding ‘Signing Day’ to their already outstanding coverage they provide during the season and the annual ‘Spring Game’.