The end is near. The long, winding recruiting season will come to a conclusion next Wednesday when official papers are signed.
In the mean time, UND will be hosting a mix of current commits and potential commits this weekend, the last of the year.
Here are the names we have compiled as visiting:
- Hayden Reynolds (commit) – ILB – Sheyenne HS – West Fargo, ND
- Jack Pifer (commit) – WR – Fargo South HS – Fargo, ND
- Andrew Jones (commit) – FB – Northern Cass HS – Hunter, ND
- Thomas Tews – LB – Concordia HS – Omaha, NE
- Nick Honerlaw – DE – South Milwaukee HS – Milwaukee, WI
- Josh Weichel – OL – Niles West HS – Skokie, IL
- Jeremy Jenkins – OL – South Elgin HS – South Elgin, IL
A few other recruiting notes:
- Current DE commit Ezekiel Ott of Caledonia, MN has been blowing up as of late. He injured his knee late last year and missed the summer camp scene. This kept him off the radar, somewhat, but as expected he had a spectacular senior season. UND was on him from the beginning and gained his commitment this past fall. Well, long story short, other schools are catching on. Ott recently received offers from Washington State, Northern Iowa and NDSU. As near as we can tell, he is still committed to UND after visiting last weekend. Definitely one to watch as we head into the home stretch this weekend.
- It appears that OL offeree Dontae Bull is going to stick with his commitment to Fresno State. After committing to Fresno, Bull still visited UND last weekend. Right before his visit he was also offered by Oregon and Washington State. Bull is one of those guys that UND would have gotten 10 years ago but with the advent of social media it’s hard to keep a player under wraps these days.
- UND picked up a commitment from speedy WR Israel Adeoti last weekend. Adeoti fits the mold of what UND has been looking for in this class as they have wanted to add some speed/shiftiness to a group that has size already with Noah Wanzek, Travis Toivonen, Demun Mercer, and Luke Stanley (all are 6’2″-6’4″).
- Former commit Thomas Gibson has decided to stay closer to home and play at Winona State. He is also slated as a wide receiver at WSU.
We are constantly updating our Class of 2017 Commits page to include highlight and writeups about each player.
Signing Day Chat: We will be holding another LIVE CHAT on Wednesday, Feb 1st to discuss the class and whatever else you want to talk about. We are shooting for 1:30pm. That way all the paperwork will be done and all the other signing day hoopla will be over with.